JUD – Charleston, an historic townhouse with a modern annex that, together with two adjacent federally-owned buildings, constitutes the federal judicial complex in Charleston. The original building dates to 1795 and was fully renovated in 1999 when the annex was constructed. The building, known as the Josiah House, contains three district judge courtrooms and four judges’ chambers. It is physically connected on the second floor to the J. Waties Waring Judicial Center. This 60,500-square foot federal courthouse is 100% leased.